Wednesday 1 October 2014

Capture your grief 2014. Day 1; Sunrise



I watched this project last year, but it was all still too raw for me to participate. I promised I would take part this year, one year on, when I'm in the position to truly reflect on what has happened, how it has sculpted me as a person and in memory of Harry.

I live in a beautiful place, people take it for granted, myself included. I've lived here for the whole of my almost 28 years of life and this is the first time I've visited the beach at this hour or just sat to watch the sun rise. It was quite mesmerising and so peaceful. I felt so connected to Harry.

When I got back in the car to drive away "Wind beneath my wings" played on the radio and the DJ remarked how beautiful the sun rise had been today.

So here it is, day 1 of what I know will be an emotional yet fulfilling project. Sun Rise at South Shields Beach, 6:50am, Wednesday 1st October 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment